IQA International Event Eligibility
- Published: 12 February 2018
- Written by Armand Cosseron
Ahead of this summer IQA World Cup in Florence (Italy), the International Quidditch Association updated the event eligibility for the current season (2017-2018).
This document determine which nations and athletes are eligible to compete to IQA-sanctioned events.
All qualifying applicants for a national team should be considered and have an equal chance under a fair and transparent method of selection.
Follow this link to find the complete document.
Every National Governing Body (NGB) or Emerging Area may set their own criteria for who may be compete on their team, however at a minimum athletes must:
- Be at least 16 years old by 30 June 2018
AND at least one of the following:
- Hold citizenship OR
- Have lived in the country for at least 3 years OR
- Have played quidditch only in the nation OR
- Have played in the nation (and not their nation of citizenship) for at least the last international season (September 2017-present).
NGBs and Emerging Areas are free to set more restrictive guidelines for selection to their national team.