Head of Information and Communications Technology
This position reports to the Executive Director and will require 5-10 hours per week with the potential for more prior to major release dates, meetings, or events. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
The Head of Information and Communications Technology will guide the department to fulfill its mandate:
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Department will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a secure website, for implementing secure data protection solutions that follow international laws and cover all documents from inception to destruction, for creating and maintaining organizational email accounts where necessary, and for the protection of all technological assets. The ICT Department will also be responsible for proposal and implementation of a secure internal messaging system, and maintaining confidentiality and protection of all IQA documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop position descriptions and select volunteers for positions within the department in collaboration with the Head of Human Resources
- Manage volunteers within the department to fulfil the departmental mandate and the IQA’s short- and long-term goals
- Attend regular meetings with all departmental heads
- Collaborate with other departmental heads as necessary to complete organization-wide projects
- Ensure the website, all IQA documents, and all internal messages are secure
- Oversee further development and maintenance of the IQA website(s)
- Collaborate with tournament committees or other groups within the IQA that will require websites and document security
- Stay up-to-date on laws and regulations that will dictate IQA information security policy
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- At least half finished university degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or other related field, OR equivalent experience; more education or experience is preferred
- Existing skill with Joomla and/or Ruby is preferred
- Familiarity with Google or Microsoft online file-sharing systems is preferred
- At least 1 year experience in a leadership position
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with a collaborative, team-based working style
- High professional ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal English; other languages an asset
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
View as PDF