Head of Events
This position reports to the Executive Director and will require 5-10 hours per week with the potential for more prior to major release dates, meetings, or events. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
The Head of Events guide the department to fulfill its mandate:
The Events Department will be responsible for the organization and implementation of any IQA-sanctioned events. This includes creating and enforcing bid guidelines, licensing events, selection of event locations, ensuring comprehensive selection of event committees, management of event budgets and risks in accordance and conjunction with the overall organizational policies, and creation of event schedules and timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop position descriptions and select volunteers for positions within the department in collaboration with the Head of Human Resources
- Manage volunteers within the department to fulfil the departmental mandate and the IQA’s short- and long-term goals
- Attend regular meetings with all departmental heads
- Collaborate with other departmental heads as necessary to complete organization-wide projects
- Lead a team to recruit and select bids for continental and world cups, in alternate years
- Oversee all tournament planning processes and ensure liability and risk is appropriately managed for all IQA-sponsored events
- Provide assistance and information for NGBs' events as necessary
- Oversee expansion of IQA event offerings as organizational capacity allows
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Participated as part of a tournament planning committee for at least 2 national or international quidditch events
- Professional experience or education in hospitality, sport event management, or a related field is preferred
- Experience with event budgets preferred
- At least 1 year experience in a leadership position
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with a collaborative, team-based working style
- High professional ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal English; other languages an asset
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
View as PDF